var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30172687-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
The 2016 PNREC will be held in Vancouver, Washington in May 2016.
PNREC brings together members of the business, government, and academic communities to explore major economic trends and issues in the Pacific Northwest.
- National Outlook Speaker, Duncan Meldrum, Hilltop Economics LLC.
- Thursday Lunch Speaker, Tim Wojan, Economic Research Service, USDA.
- Financial Market Speaker, Ashby Monk, Stanford University and Oxford University.
- Energy Speaker, Peter MacConnachie, Suncor Energy.
- Tiebout Lecture, Jean-Claude Thill, UNC-Charlotte. The title for the Tiebout lecture will be “Urban Variety Across Space and Through Time: A Study of Urban Community Quality of Life”.
- The annual State, Province, and Territory Outlook Session, featuring well-known regional economists .
Themes for breakout sessions include:
• labor markets
• energy, carbon and the environment
• transportation and export of energy resources
• water resources
• income inequality
• regional economic growth
• transportation infrastructure and constrained public budgets
• student research projects