var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30172687-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
PNREC brings together members of the business, government, and academic communities to explore major economic trends and issues in the Pacific Northwest.
- National Outlook Speaker, Duncan Meldrum, Hilltop Economics LLC.
- Thursday Lunch Speaker, Tim Wojan, Economic Research Service, USDA.
- Financial Market Speaker, Ashby Monk, Stanford University and Oxford University.
- Energy Speaker, Peter MacConnachie, Suncor Energy.
- Tiebout Lecture, Jean-Claude Thill, UNC-Charlotte. The title for the Tiebout lecture will be “Urban Variety Across Space and Through Time: A Study of Urban Community Quality of Life”.
- The annual State, Province, and Territory Outlook Session, featuring well-known regional economists .
PNREC welcomes all submissions related to the regional economy. Topics of interest for concurrent sessions might include:
• technology, demographics and economic development
• the economic implications of defining a Salish Sea region
• energy, carbon and the environment
• transportation and export of energy resources
• water resources
• income inequality
• regional economic growth
• transportation infrastructure and constrained public budgets
• student research projects
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the PNREC 2015 Call for Presentations .