var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30172687-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
The 2014 conference theme is Managing Risk and Building for the Future in an Era of Uncertainty. We invite submissions on topics of relevance to the regional economy. Click here for paper or panel submission instructions.
-Columbia River Treaty Opening Panel, Kathy Eichenberger, (British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines), Tom Karier, (Northwest Power and Conservation Council), and Paul Lumley, (Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission).
- National Outlook, David Wyss, Brown University.
- Friday Breakfast Plenary, Mike Wilson, President and CEO, Seattle Federal Home Loan Bank.
- The annual State and Provincial Outlook Session featuring eight well-known regional economists.
- Lunch Speaker, Elliot Mainzer, CEO and Administrator, Bonneville Power Administration.
- Tiebout Lecture, Dick Conway, Dick Conway & Associates.
• Energy security, carbon and the environment
• The Columbia River Treaty
• Health care in America in the post Affordable Care Act era
• The economic effects of the aging US population
• Economic insecurity and the social safety net
• Managing transportation programs in an era of constrained budgets
• The local effects of global climate change policy
• Regulatory uncertainty and idle capital
• The rising cost of inequality
• Rising debt and retirement costs for public institutions
• Unemployment and economic recovery
• Creation of a new (legal) industry, Marijuana legalization in Washington State
• Economic and social impacts of liquor privatization
• US manufacturing renaissance
• Other topics as proposed by conference participants
To propose a session or submit a paper, contact the conference co-chairs by email at: email@example.com.
Click here for paper or panel submission instructions.