Call for Abstract > SUBMIT ABSTRACT
The 54th annual Pacific Northwest Regional Economic Conference is seeking proposals for papers/presentations/panels that address topics such as those listed below (presenters can propose other topics not listed here):
Titles and abstracts (400 words or less) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we are pleased to offer a poster session. If you wish to present a poster, please clearly indicate so on your submission. Deadline for submission is Monday, February 17th.
- Agricultural diversification - food, wine, whisky, methanol...
- Impact of artificial intelligence on agriculture & resource industries
- Housing affordability and homelessness: big metros, little metros and rural
- Income inequality
- Impact of recent trade policy on the Pacific Northwest
- Transportation & logistics - moving goods and people
- Public policy - constraints/opportunities for growth & diversification
- Impact of climate change on the region's economy & industries
PNREC 2020 will be in Walla Walla, WA
Come join us in Walla Walla. Compare notes with your colleagues from across the Pacific Northwest as we explore how our local and regional economies have transformed over time. Sip a glass of locally-produced wine as we consider how these changes may lead to resilience or vulnerability in the next downturn. This year's lineup promises a compelling program of speakers, paper sessions, panel discussions and networking opportunities with other economists and related professionals from the Pacific Northwest.
2019 Final Program
The final program for PNREC 2019 has been issued and be accessed below. It's an exciting slate of speakers covering a broad set of economic issues affecting the Pacific Northwest. We hope to see you in Seaside May 21-23.
> DOWNLOAD PROGRAM